After taking time in choosing and investing in your lovely new bed or mattress here is what to expect and how to make the most of it.
- If your mattress is turnable – the manufacturers guidelines normally say turn and rotate your mattress once a week for the first 4 weeks and once a month thereafter.
A non-turn mattress needs to be rotated on the same basis.
- A mattress like a new car sometimes has a “new” smell, we recommend in leaving the bed clothes off after delivery so your mattress can air.
- Use a good mattress protector – We all lose pints of body moisture every night, some more than others. A good waterproof mattress protector will stop any stains from appearing on the mattress and protect your bed from dust mites and bed bugs. If a mattress is stained this will void your manufacturers guarantee.
- Don’t vacuum your mattress as this can move the fillings around and change the sleeping surface which may result in your mattress becoming uncomfortable.
- Putting a new mattress on a base for which it was not intended, a new mattress on an old base or a board between the mattress and base can impede comfort and reduce the useful life of the mattress – as well as affecting any guarantees or warranties. We do not guarantee new mattresses on old sprung bases or bases which are not fit for purpose.
- If you have a problem – we want to hear about it. We’re here to help you and for you to get the best nights sleep possible.