Mattress and Bed Buying Guide
Different Types of Mattresses
We stock many different kinds of mattresses. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages depending on what it is you are looking for.
For more information about each kind of mattress click on the links below:
Important points to remember when buying a new bed.
- Set aside enough time. You can’t buy a good mattress in a hurry or if you’re tired or distracted – they will all feel wonderful. We always recommend “try before you buy”
- Choose the correct support for your weight and build.
- Comfort is paramount – a bed doesn’t have to be hard to be good for you.
- Lie down in your normal sleeping position – take off your coat and shoes.
- Shop together if the bed’s for two.
- Make sure you have enough room – the bigger the bed the better the nights sleep.
- Don’t forget a bed is a mattress and base working together – don’t consider them in isolation. Also some manufacturers don’t guarantee a new mattress on an old base.
- Shop for the best value – all things considered not the lowest price, remember every £100 spent represents just 2.7p a night over 10 years.
- Like a new car a new bed may initially have a “new” smell about it. This will eventually disperse if well aired.
- Body-shaped impressions – sometimes known as settlement is perfectly normal on any quality mattress and normally occurs within the first 4 weeks.